Thailand’s Prime Minister has issued updated regulations and directives, effective from 1 October 2021.
The COVID-19 situation in Thailand has been improving. The rate of new infection cases has been stable, with the recovery cases on the rise. Public health and responsible agencies have evaluated the situation and reported that government agencies, the private sector and the general public have become experienced and prepared to a certain extent for the ongoing situation.
The relaxation of certain control measures is, thus, justified while the ones remaining in force will be exercised for as long as they are necessary or fit the situation of each particular area.
In this respect, the Prime Minister has issued the regulations and directives, effective from 1 October 2021:
- Provincial zone designation in line with situation level. The provincial zone designation as made by order number 11/2564 of the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) dated 1 August 2564 remains in force. Bangkok remains in maximum control zone with tight restrictions.
- Adjustment of a ban on leaving the residence in maximum control zone with tight restrictions Leaving residence between 2200 hrs and 0400 hrs of the next day is prohibited until 15 October 2021. However, as stated in an earlier announcement, the terms and conditions allowing the authorities and exempted persons to perform their duties remain in effect.
- Extension of the duration of control measure enforcement in maximum control area with tight restrictions. Measures, prohibition, and directives enforced in maximum control areas with tight restrictions as earlier announced remain in effect, such as a ban on activities posing a risk of transmission, cross-provincial travel, public transport, and performing duties outside the usual workplace. Measures, criteria or operational guidelines prescribed by the authorities or responsible agencies for enforcement in maximum control areas with tight restrictions and not in contradiction with the regulations issued by the Prime Minister will remain in force until 15 October 2021.
- Adjustment of integrated control measures enforced in maximum control area with tight restrictions Provincial communicable disease committee is assigned to supervise and monitor the operation of establishments and the carrying out of activities. It is to ensure that entrepreneurs or responsible persons make preparation, examine ventilation system, taking charge of the preparation of their staff, and comply with the two conditions, arrangement and established disease control measures, including any measures enforced in a specific area or matter.
Bangkok still enforces closure of certain MICE establishments and imposes specific regulations for MICE venues:
- Exhibition centres, convention centres or exhibition halls remain closed.
- Establishments providing a meeting room, function room, banquet venue or similar establishments can allow only activities or events of customary practice, such as engagement ceremony but without meal service
- Hotels are not yet allowed to host meetings, seminars or banquets, except activities or events of customary practice, such as engagement ceremony but without meal service.
For more information on the latest Covid-19 updates in Thailand, visit https://www.businesseventsthailand.com/en/situation-update-coronavirus-covid-19