The level of participation further proves the business events industry’s tenacity and desire to return to business.
Penang Convention & Exhibition Bureau (PCEB) successfully held its inaugural Penang Virtual Roadshow to China 2021 (PVRTC 2021) from 18 – 20 May. The first edition of the roadshow focused on key regional China markets namely Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Chengdu.
Throughout the three days, there were a total of 92 attended buyers together with 26 of Penang’s finest tourism and business events exhibitors. A total of 311 video meetings were carried out with 209 pre-scheduled appointments and 102 walk-ins.
As the roadshow also welcomed registrations from interested trade visitors, it successfully garnered a total of 88 trade visitors to the platform.
The opening ceremony was conducted fully virtual as well, with welcoming speeches by The Rt. Hon. Chow Kon Yeow, Chief Minister of Penang. The Hon. Yeoh Soon Hin,Penang State Executive Councillor for Tourism and Creative Economy, and Ashwin Gunasekeran, CEO of PCEB.
To attract visitors, buyers and exhibitors, PVRTC 2021 held virtual forums on each day of the show, which brought together travel and business events leaders from both China and Penang to discuss future meeting trends in the corporate and association sectors, as well as share on the recent developments and plans for the post-COVID-19 safe travel and business events landscape.
Some of the industry heavyweights who attended as speakers include:
- The Hon. Yeoh Soon Hin (Penang State Executive Councillor for Tourism and Creative Economy)
- Liu Ping,Founder, China Star Ltd.
- Su Jicheng, Deputy Secretary General, China Civil Airports Association
- Shi Peifan, Training Director, Infinitus China
- Cefinny Teh (MBA), Chairman of Women Development, Northern Hon. Secretary, Small and Medium Enterprises Association (SAMENTA) Malaysia
- Fong Jeng Jong, Certified Landscape Architect, ILAM Northern Chapter
The sessions were moderated by Alicia Yao, China Business Event Industry Committee, CCPIT-CSC, Molly Zhu, Deputy Editor-in-Chief/ Deputy Secretary-General/Director, MeetingsChina, and Shen Changhui, United Networks of International Corporate Events Organizers, Asia Pacific. Videos of the virtual roadshow including the opening ceremony, the forums and the existing product showcases can be accessed here: https://bit.ly/3yKkUcf.
- ACE Conferences & Exhibitions
- Angsana Teluk Bahang
- Asian Overland Services Tours
- DOREMi Services & Rental Sdn Bhd
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Hard Rock Hotel Penang
- Hotel Royal Kuala Lumpur
- Iconic Hotel Penang
- Lexis Suites Penang 梹城丽昇豪华套房酒店
- Malaysia Airlines
- Mercure Penang Beach
- MJC Leisure Sdn Bhd
- Olive Tree Concepts Sdn Bhd
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort
- Pearl Holiday (M) Travel & Tour Sdn Bhd
- Penang Convention & Exhibition Bureau 槟城会议及展览局
- Penang Hill Corporation
- Setia SPICE Convention Centre
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa, Penang and Golden Sands Resort Penang by Shangri-La
- Sunflower Holidays Sdn Bhd
- Sunway Biz Hotel Sdn. Bhd.
- The Habitat Penang Hill
- The Prestige Hotel Penang
- The TOP Penang
- The Wembley – A St Giles Hotel, Penang
- Tropical Spice Garden, Penang