Kiroro Mountain Resort, an alpine destination for corporate travellers and business event groups looking for buy-out opportunities, has opened its doors to welcome small business groups back.
The development, which consists of a Sheraton hotel, a Tribute Portfolio hotel and Yu Kiroro, a luxury condominium, is seeing an uptick in interest from small business groups seeking engagement-focused activities and meetings.
“From our idyllic location in the midst of the Yoichi mountains, Kiroro offers a wide variety of outdoor activities and amenities for groups to do safely, and are conducive to the type of team bonding that people have missed over the last several months. Our extensive offerings under one roof and wide-open spaces offer peace of mind for these guests,” said Hirofumi Watanabe, Hotel General Manager of Kiroro Resort.
“Our big advantage is the pristine environment. We have nature and space. Social distancing is very self-given in a destination like Kiroro, with only around 500 rooms across three distinct luxury accommodation types. There is the option to host a meeting on a hill, in the middle of a soccer field, in a forest or in one of the restaurants that is exclusively reserved. Additionally, the resort offers meeting rooms and lobbies with big windows that can be opened as needed,” he added.
Health and well-being set in nature
Over the past several months in response to the pandemic, Kiroro has implemented Japanese, International and Marriott regulations and guidelines.
Personalised programming and access to activities like hiking, mountain biking, tennis, park golf, camping, glamping and more are also available. In addition, Kiroro village features a lively dining district with several restaurants and bars that provide outdoor seating, perfect for socialising while keeping a safe distance.
Corporate meeting organisers can work directly with a Kiroro associate dedicated to their group. Programming will be personalised for each group and will incorporate Hokkaido’s unique offerings and recreation.
Groups at Kiroro can enjoy the following types of group events, activities as well as buy-out package:
- Hokkaido Farm to Table BBQ – Enjoy a journey to a nearby Hokkaido farm and choose local vegetables, fruits and meats; then work with your team to prepare these ingredients into a fun, outdoor BBQ meal.
- Team Building – Kiroro has indoor and outdoor venues with plenty of space for up to 200 guests. From the ballroom at the Tribute Portfolio Hill to the top of Mount Asari, the associates will set up a day’s worth of unique training and teambuilding activities for your group, capped off by a happy hour in the Village.
- Sheraton Kiroro Sell Out – Book the entire Sheraton Kiroro hotel and let the event organizers design and plan a unique retreat.
- Tennis Takeover – The perfect social distance and teambuilding activity! Takeover the 10 courts for a morning or afternoon group activity.
- Guided Walking or Cycling Tours – Enjoy guided tours of the nearby mountains and countryside.
Kiroro is offering a selection of packages for business meetings and events starting at JPY15,150 (USD 142.20) per person per day, plus 24.3 percent tax and service charge.
Sheraton Hokkaido Kiroro Resort offers 140 guestrooms and suites along with two restaurants right at the base of the slopes, while The Kiroro, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, offers 281 guestrooms and suites with mountain vistas from every room.
The newly opened Yu Kiroro is an award-winning collection of exclusive ski-in/ski-out private residences at the base of the mountain. The freehold residences offer premium services, such as ski valet, a natural indoor-outdoor onsen, 24-hour concierge service, fitness center and lounge, and all-day dining.
The entire Kiroro Resort is connected by the Gateway Express combination gondola-chairlift that runs from the front of The Tribute Portfolio hotel and the new Yu Kiroro residences to the Sheraton Hokkaido Resort.
Kiroro is centrally located in the middle of Hokkaido’s Golden Triangle, a 100-minute drive from New Chitose Airport; 60 minutes from Sapporo city; 30 minutes from Otaru city; and 45 minutes from Niseko. Hokkaido is easily accessible from Japan and Asia with more than 30 direct flights from China and beyond, along with frequent daily flights to and from Tokyo.