The hotel group sets an ambitious line-up, including 37 new properties in Southeast Asia, Japan and South Korea.
Accor kicks off 2021 with the announcement of new hotel developments around the world despite a year of unprecedented challenges in 2020.
“As we are all too familiar, 2020 had a profound impact on our day-to-day lives and the hospitality industry as a whole; even so, the early stages of a global rebound will be material and significant,” said Agnes Roquefort, Global Chief Development Officer at Accor.
“Despite the delays and temporary closures that we experienced due to the pandemic, we continued to experience sustained momentum across our development pipeline and are optimistic that the worldwide rollout of Covid-19 vaccines will lead to renewed trust in travel and a much greater sense of personal safety for the entire global population.”
Across Southeast Asia, notable openings include:
- V Villas Phuket – MGallery, a 24-pool villa resort, which will offer five dining outlets, a swimming pool and a spa & wellness centre.
- Admiral Hotel Manila – MGallery, set to offer a portal to the city’s golden era with a blend of modern Spanish and Art Deco design.
- Singapore’s first MGallery, Orchard Hills Residences Singapore – MGallery. An urban wellness retreat situated within proximities of Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay, Singapore Botanic Gardens and Suntec Convention Centre.
- The Fairmont Ambassador Seoul, South Korea, set to debut in February with its 326 rooms & suites and a collection of event venues.
- Sofitel Ambassador Seoul Hotel & Serviced Residences – set to open in late 2021. The hotel and serviced residences will boast views over Seokchon Lake Park and feature 563 rooms and suites, an all-day-dining restaurant and bar, indoor swimming pool, outdoor Jacuzzi, fitness, spa as well as meetings and events spaces.
Accor’s luxury segment will also make headlines in 2021 with the Banyan Tree Doha in Qatar and new Raffles openings in Udaipur and Jeddah. Fairmont will see the much-anticipated opening of the Fairmont Century Plaza in Los Angeles, along with Fairmont Windsor in England; Carton House, a Fairmont managed hotel in Dublin; Fairmont Ramla Riyadh; Fairmont Ambassador Seoul; and, Fairmont Tagazhout Bay in Morocco. Sofitel will bring French sophistication to several new destinations including Seoul, Hangzhou, and Adelaide.
All of the Group’s new properties are expected to open in full compliance with Accor’s ALLSAFE hygiene and cleanliness label. The ALLSAFE label was established by Accor in mid-2020 to give guests the assurance of a third-party verified standard of hotel cleanliness and hygienic requirements. These standards were developed with and vetted by Bureau Veritas, a world leader in operational testing, inspections and certifications.